Skip to content

Insurance for off-campus rentals

Including exclusive protection for Unpaid rents and Vandalism by tenants

Our unique offer for owners of student rentals like you

Thrilled owner of student rental

Renting to university/college students is usually quite profitable but also a bit of a challenge too. Get your basics right by insuring Unpaid rents and Vandalism by tenants with APRIL.

From $60 / month

The truth about our amazing coverage

APRIL is the first and only insurance provider to cover the biggest student housing owners’ risks; unpaid rents and vandalism caused by tenants.

We protect:
–    Your off-campus property from fire, water including sewer back-up and flood*, wind, hail, earthquake*
–    Your appliances or furniture if you make them available to the students.
–    Your civil liability as a landlord if the students or someone else injure themselves on your rented property (slip and fall…) and you’re found legally liable.
–    Your rental value while your student housing is uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
–    Your child’s belongings and civil liability if s/he resides in your rented property along with other students.
–    Vandalism caused by your student tenants.
–    Your unpaid rents**, if your tenants stop paying you rent or leave before the end of their lease without respecting the required notice.

*Subject to eligibility criteria – **Optional – Only in Ontario and Quebec –

Our insurance products are available in the provinces of Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec. The Unpaid rents protection is only available in Ontario and Quebec.

7 days to simply cancel your policy. No pain, 100% refundable, provided there’s no claim.

to get your free quote

or for further information on APRIL's products

Free & helpful advice direct to your inbox.

APRIL is insuring landlords who rent out their property to students. Our protection is specifically designed for off-campus rentals like yours and includes coverage for unpaid rents and vandalism caused by tenants. So trust APRIL for an easy and affordable coverage for your rented student accommodation. Did you got cancelled by your previous insurer for non payment, claims or because you moved abroad? No worries, we can still insure you!

As you continue your navigation without changing your cookie settings, you accept the use of cookies to have offers adapted to your interests.